West Wycombe Village Hall
It was during the Coronation Celebrations in 1953 that funds were being raised for a new Village Hall, the old village hall was sited on the field that we now know as the Pedestal Field (as opposed to the Pedestal Playing Field).
Lesslie Watson competed and won a competition (believed to have been organised by Sir Francis Dashwood) to design the new hall and in 1960 it was officially opened. At the time it was considered very advanced in the design and facilities that it provided. Lesslie was very proud of the Hall and even more so because all the funding required was gathered by donations from people in the Parish.
The Village Hall was built in 1960 from an original design by Lt. Col. Lesslie Watson MBE
The Hall is owned and managed by the West Wycombe Community Association, a not-for-profit organisation managed by volunteers whilst the land is leased from the National Trust.
Before he died Lesslie designed a memorial for his family which is in St Lawrence's Churchyard.
Further information can be found on the Village Hall Website.
To hire the hall please contact:
or email email@example.com
It has a sound and lighting system which can be controlled from the side of the stage or from the small meeting room / bar which is located upstairs at the back of the hall over the entrance foyer, kitchen and lavatories.
This versatility, coupled with an abundance of chairs and tables lends the building to theatrical productions, sales, exhibitions, parties, quizzes and dinner-dances.